New Boy Scout Rank Requirements
Based on the work of the Strategic Plan Goal 411 Task Force, a new set of Boy Scout requirements will become effective on January 1st, 2016. Timing for the release and implementation of the new requirements will be as follows:
The release of the new requirements in May 2015 is to allow unit leaders adequate time to plan their Scouts’ transition. Beginning work in the new requirements will be determined by the Scout’s joining date or current rank as of January 1, 2016:
• Boys joining on or after Jan. 1, 2016 MUST use the new requirements.
• Boys who have joined prior to Jan. 1, 2016:
• Who are working on the Scout badge MAY continue to work on the existing requirements, but MUST convert to the new
requirements upon completion of the Scout badge.
• Who are working on Tenderfoot through First Class MAY continue to work on the existing requirements, but MUST convert
to the new requirements upon attaining First Class.
• Who have completed First Class MAY complete the rank they are currently working on in the existing requirements, but
then MUST convert to the new requirements for subsequent ranks.
For 2017: All Scouts MUST use the new requirements regardless of rank.
New Eagle Palm Requirements
New Eagle Requirements
New First Class Requirements
New Life Requirements
New Scout Requirements
New Second Class Requirements
New Star Requirements
New Tenderfoot Requirements
Overview New Boy Scout Rank Requirements